Visitors who wish to hold informal birthday gatherings in one of their outdoor spaces must inform The Welcome Desk prior to arrival, as the Events team will have to be notified accordingly.
They ask that all site users respect the following guidelines:
- Users are responsible for the proper management of their own garbage and other waste materials.
- They adhere to a “Pack In, Pack Out” policy: whatever you bring with you to the site, you are expected to take with you when you leave.
- If you wish to use the Children’s Garden during their weekend open hours, note that parents must accompany children into the play area.
- Visits to the site should take place during regular operating hours: Monday–Friday 9am–5pm, Saturday 8am–5pm, Sunday and Holidays 10am–5pm.
- Respect other users of the site, including Evergreen programming and special events.
- Please make contingency plans in case of rain. There is no extra indoor space available, and the area is susceptible to flooding. All visitors will be asked to evacuate the site immediately in the event of a flood situation.
- Please do not bring balloons. They tend to remain on site, and become an environmental hazard.
Evergreen Brick Works is a public site on land managed by the City of Toronto, and is subject to city bylaws. Alcohol is not permitted in non-licensed or outdoor areas.
Program areas such as the Children’s Garden or the Pavilions are reserved for Evergreen’s use, and indoor birthday parties are prohibited in the Young Welcome Centre and Building 14 (Marketplace).
If you wish to use an indoor space, we encourage visitors to formally book Birthday Parties by contacting their Events department to book a room. Note that Evergreen does not provide programming or activities for children’s parties.